Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Travel

I've been away from this site for a while. I've been traveling and catching up. On Thursday, September 29 I flew to St. Paul, Minnesota for the Evangelical/Roman Catholic dialogue. We were hosted by the Catholic Studies Center at the University of St. Thomas. It was a good dialogue but not yet well defined (this was the third year). I saw several friends including Ralph Del Colle (Catholic), David Cole (Open Bible -- Pentecostal), and I got to know Gene Menzies (Assembly of God) as well as several other very fine people. As always, several people knew Cheryl from her various roles.




On Sunday I flew to Chicago where I got to spend a little time with Karisa and spend some time in the Wheaton College library. Karisa was in charge of chapel on Wednesday; She is student director of the Student Missions Project. She gave an excellent homily that challenged us all. Other highlights included getting to meet JohnMark. He is a very pleasant young man who loves God greatly and is planning to enter the ministry. I was also blessed to attend the World Christian Fellowship at Wheaton. (JohnMark is the chair of that group.) It was great to see scores of students worshiping and praying together. I returned home last Thursday.

Attached are some old photos. Jimmy and Shirley (circa 1955), my mother and brother way back when (circa 1950), and Mom and Dad (Circa 70's).

1 comment:

Phil Hoover said...

University of St Thomas is an absolutely beautiful facility!

I was there in August 2003 for a conference....what a gorgeous place!

And you came through Chicago, and never even called....I'm hurt...LOL

I'll get over it. I always do....