Thursday, December 22, 2005

Memphis for Santa's visit

We returned last evening from Memphis where we celebrated Christmas early with Alethea, Justin and Camdyn. Karisa flew there from Chicago and rode home with us. On Tuesday Cheryl and I took Camdyn to the Peabody Hotel to see the famous ducks and we enjoyed lunch at T.G.I. Fridays.



At the Peabody

Baking Cookies for Santa















It was so much fun to watch Camdyn with her toys. She reminds Cheryl and me of Karisa and Alethea as well when they were her age . "Alethea" shows up when her mom tells her not to do something. She gets a determined look with a sheepish grin and does it anyway knowing there will be consequences (e.g., a toy is put away for a couple of days). For example, one of her gifts was a play piano her mother had when she was Camdyn's age (see picture). Camdyn loved playing it but she also loved sitting on it. It had been broken over the years and I had repaired and reinforced it. I suspect Alethea did not trust my skills and did not want Camdyn sitting on the piano. Camdyn looked streight at her mother and plopped down. It was promptly put away for a couple of days.

The Piano

Her favorite toys seemed to be a rocking horse and the refrigerator I made her. but she enjoyed them all.



Papa's Girl

Four Women

Karisa in a rare serious mood.

Justin finds his place in the world.

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Hope you enjoyed the ducks.

Phil Hoover said...

Now that CAMDYN is a darling of a child! And I'm sure that Grandma and Grandpa have wasted no time telling her so either.

Great pictures.

Karissa has been in Wheaton all this time, and I have yet to see her smiling face...

In person, that is.