Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another Busy Week

Last week was a little more busy than usual. I taught a Doctor of Ministry course (class from 8 to 5). On Thursday we inducted Dr. James Beaty into the Hall of Prophets at the Seminary. It was my privilege at the request of Brother and Sister Beaty to be one of the speakers. I deeply love and respect this couple. I will always cherish Virginia's comment to me after the service, "Thank you, I knew you were the one to speak." Those words mean more to me than I can express.

Friday evening and Saturday Cheryl and I participated in "Shalom 2009," the annual conference of Pentecostals and Charismatics for Peace and Justice (PCPJ). The conference ended by joining us at New Covenant for worship on Sunday morning. Cheryl preached a wonderful sermon on "The Knock at Mid-night" inspired by, and a tribute to, a famous sermon by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. We hosted a Love Feast for our guests (and to raise funds for a couple of missions projects). Pictured here with Cheryl is Dr. Paul Alexander the executive director of PCPJ, a dear friend of ours.

No comments: