Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Florida to see Family

We returned from Florida this evening. On the way down on Sunday we stopped in Atlanta and visited with Shirley, Ryan and Andrea. We stayed with Darlene and Thurman. Jonathan came by for a visit Monday morning. We went to Georgia Monday afternoon in a failed attempt to visit my aunts. We did visit several sites of family history. Cheryl took a picture of me in front of my Grandparent's (O'Quinn)house. When I was young my mother's Uncle Felton told me the Oak tree I am standing under was planted as a boundary marker by the Spanish. There is a line of these trees for miles. We visited the Corinth Primitive Baptist Church (last pictured) where my Great Grand-parents (Nettles) were members and are buried. We also put flowers on my parents graves at the Bachlotte Cemetery and I took Cheryl to see my Great Grand-parent's (Harris) graves at the Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery (first pictured) where Cheryl took a picture of me behind the pulpit.

Monday evening my brother Jimmy, his wife Iris, and Jonathan's wife Jennifer came over for dinner (Darlene is a great cook) and to exchnge presents. On Tuesday we went to Jimmy and Iris's for lunch (Iris is also a great cook). Afterwards we all(Cheryl, Jimmy, Iris, Darlene, Thurman and me) went to Saint Augustine, enjoyed a buggy ride and had dinner. We went back to Jimmy and Iris's house and played Phase Ten until one in the morning. On the way home we stopped in Atlanta and saw Shirley and Mike for another exchange of gifts.













1 comment:

. said...

The first picture of Cheryl up top looks like a magazine shot. Very nice!