Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Visit With Thelma

I drove to Greenville today to assist with the funeral of one of our church members, Rev. Faye Whitten.  It was a lovely funeral.  Doug LeRoy, General Director of World Missions for the Church of God, shared briefly words of appreciation for Faye's ministry as a missionary.  I spoke briefly about my honor in being her pastor.  Pastor Robert Shepherd (retired), a close friend of Faye, brought the message.  It was a wonderful tribute. Several members of the congregation spoke of Faye's impact on their lives.  I also gave the closing remarks at the internment. 
The cemetary was just ten or twelve miles from the nursing home where Cheryl's mother resides so that I was able to drive over and spend a few minutes with her.  One of the nurses took our picture for me. 



No comments: