Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Back to Normal

For most of you life returned to normal on January 2. The holidays were just memories and bills. Ours was extended a couple of weeks. We made the trip to Michigan for a wedding and Camdyn came for a visit (see earlier blogs).

Last week was our return to normal. Cheryl taught an intensive class (Gender Studies) that ended Friday with a noon meal at our house. I spent Saturday cleaning carpets at the church. Sunday was full with two great services, lunch with new church members, and I had a deacons meeting in the afternoon. Monday was return to the office and committee meetings and student advising and D.Min. defenses. Monday evening we had the church elders meeting at our house. Last evening (Tuesday) I had the church staff meeting at our house. Tonight we have a farewell reception at the church. At some point this week I have to patch a leak in the roof of our house (over the garage). Cheryl is working hard grading.

Ahh! Its good to be back to normal.

1 comment:

Phil Hoover said...

If that is "normal" what is "abnormal" to you? LOL

On second thought, I'm not sure that I want to know...even though I think all of the thousands of readers would be very interested in knowing what the "Johns family" considers abnormal.