Friday, January 08, 2010

It is cold

I just want my family, especially those suffering in the frigid south (no comments from Karisa and Johnmark up in sunny Illinois are needed), to know it is really cold in Cleveland, Tennessee. We are iced in. I just came in from breaking the ice so my chickens can have some water. I have had to do this every day for a week. One morning it was over five inches thick. In a few minutes I will go out and break the ice on the pond so the cows and horses can drink. That will be a first. Until now they have been able to break the ice and drink, but after so many days of below freezing weather they are not able to do it. Stay warm everybody.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is cold. We were iced in also. Don't fall in the pond.

Johnmark said...

That does stink... but let me ask you this, what's the weather gonna be like this week? 40's? 50's?

(P.S. You should know asking us not to comment is like asking us to comment!!!)