Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Bird Feeder


Cheryl felt we needed a bigger bird feeder.  (See a previous post for pictures of the old one.)  I had bought the previous one on ebay.  We received a cash gift for Christmas which combined with a small pay check for teaching a directed study gave her almost enough money to buy this one.  Her motto: "almost is just enough if you really want it."  What can I say?  She's a Democrat.  Let her know on FB if it was worth it. [OK, I made up the motto just for a cheap political jab and I really like the bird feeder.]

4 comments:

babydoc1030 said...

I would think the Republicans would say, "Why should we put out free food for the birds? They are wild animals and should be able to feed themselves."

Jackie David Johns said...

Dearest Daughter,
Let me remind you it was the Republicans who gave us the Nationak Park system (Teddy Roosevelt)so that we might preserve and enjoy God's creation. I suspect the majority of people enjoying those parks today, in deed, the majority of conservationists, are Republicans.

We also believe in careing for those who can not care for themselves. Its the one's who refuse to work that bother us.

Love You!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Alethea. I think the Republicans would tell the birds to find their own "health care" policy during the cold winter months. This expensive bird feeder would supply only those who were lucky enough to have insurance or rich enough to pay for the seeds.
I love your dad beyond measure. I think that he is the very best Republican in the world!
Mom

Phil Hoover said...

I think all three of you are some of the most brilliant and amazing people I've ever known.

But then again, I'm a declared "independent"...what do I know?