Thursday, March 11, 2010

Beautiful Sights

I love taking pictures, but I seldom have the camera handy when I need it.  I wish you could have seen three things at my house this week. First, the three calves were chasing each other around our pasture for five to ten minutes.  I should have gotten the movie camera, but I have grown weary of trying to catch such scenes;  they always stop to look at me as soon as I open the door.

Second, last evening when I drove on to our driveway and stopped to get the mail there were two young Mallard ducks on our pond.  Third, as I walked back from the mailbox I looked up and saw two young deer in our pasture.  They ran around a minute pausing at the electric fence before jumping it.  They came around the barn just a few yards from me, jumped the fence and ran into the pasture in front of our house before disappearing into the woods.

No comments: